Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Advice

So after being employed by Nordstrom on and off for a good two years, I have come to realize that you don't truly know how crazy people are until you work with the public. With that in mine, I have come up with a list for the average comsumer of things of the most annoying things you can do when shopping in a department store.
1. If you have not been in the department store for more than a week, telling us where you last saw an item last will NOT help us find it. We hardly know where things are now and since merchandise gets shifted around daily, I can promise you that the shirt that was folded on the table last month is not still folded there, so just let that go.
2. Stores have different departments people. I don't know if we have any black shoes that would go with your new jeans, I don't work in shoes, if you want to know if we have good shoes for them go to the shoe department and ask them.
3. I don't know what your daughter/sister/mother-in-law/best friend's cousin's wife would like. I can show you what I like but unless you give me some info about what other brands or things they like, I cannot help you.
4. Leave the small children at home. I understand that babysitters are expensive but pumping into people and tables with your stroller and crying child is just not cool.
5. If YOU are a child, don't hide in clothing fixtures. The world is new to you, I get that, and you need to explore, but there are other place to do this. We are worrying about enough without having kids pop out of unexpected palces.
6. If you are for sure not going to buy anything, don't try on 20 pairs of jeans, 12 tops, and 15 dresses and then leave them all off the hanger on the floor for us to pick up.
7. If you have no reciept, tag, or ANY proof of purchase, I cannot retun it for you. Don't get an attitude about it, it wasn't me who bought it, wore it a few times, washed it, and then realized I had no more money to pay my rent.
8. There is no need to use your shopping time as time to also catch up with everyone in your life on your cell phone. I'm trying to fold these jeans and really don't want to hear about how your new boyfriend won't text you back while you mouth to me that you need a fitting room.
9. Fitting room doors are there for a reason, I don't want to see you in your bra or undies or both. You may have a great body but lets keep that to yourself and throw the jeans over the door so I can get you another size.
10. Those jeans don't fit. Certain jeans are made for certain people, let's just face facts. It doen't make you less of a person, but you need to come to terms with the fact that you are not going to be a size 2, it's just not happening.

1 comment: