Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Have you ever been sucked under by a wave?

You're just playing around in the ocean and all of the sudden you get caught up in a big wave, tumbled around a little bit and then spit back out, leaving you feeling shaken, disoriented, and wondering what just happened to you. I think that is the closest I can get to describing how I feel ever time I get back from a visit from Santa Barabara. I go there for a weekend, just a few days and everything seems normal at the time. Sure there is a lot of spinning around but nothing seems too out of the ordinary while you're walking along DP going from stanger's house to stranger's house with your close friends from high school and a bunch of random people who you just met, but promise you're best friends with cause you guys totally have so much in common. It's all fun and games until you take the 2 hour drive back to USC and have a pounding headache and wonder why you have so many bruises on your legs. I have a lot of respect for those kids at UCSB who manage to do this all the time and still go to class and actually get work done. I have no idea how they can keep doing it but they are by the ocean, and I guess they just get used to the waves.

No comments: